Rise With Us
The Phoenix Practitioner has a rare combination of domain specific expertise and management ability. Our courage, confidence, and capability level distinguishes the Phoenix practitioner from other consultants. We are highly skilled, creative people who do whatever it takes for our customers.
Our team members have four qualities:
1. Applied Mortgage Expertise
2. Applied Technology Skill
3. Proven Delivery Ability
4. Ability to Manage
Finally, our team members have the courage, confidence, self belief, and ferocious self-determination to go out there and work it out until they get it done for our customers. That’s “The Phoenix Grit,” and it underlies everything we do.
If you think you’d be a great fit, check out these job opportunities (posted here when we have openings), or drop us a line.
As the Phoenix family of companies continue to mature and grow into mortgage technology’s premier service provider and product company, the Phoenix Finance and Operations team must continue to mature and grow to support our people leading this charge. This team is responsible for fostering an environment all team members love to be a part of and to best enable them to achieve our vision as a company: to seek a transformational and durable impact within our industry and on the customers whose lives we intend to improve.
We have opened a position for Controller and Operations Manager to lead this team. We’re currently searching for dynamic candidates who have demonstrated teamwork, leadership, finance, and operations experience to help us on our journey. Creativity and can-do attitude are musts. We have provided a description of the role below. Interested candidates should reach out to Tom Westerlind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we understand that this is a role that requires a diverse set of skills. Candidates do not have to meet all requirements for consideration. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn and grow, just like us.
Quality Assurance Testing Analyst
Create and execute test cases and document testing results. Conduct various types of testing to include integration, regression, performance, and end user testing.
Key Job Functions
- Write and execute test cases (scenarios, inputs, outputs, expected results, data conditioning, triggers). Document all testing results to include any identified defects.
- Document test cases and results in Rational for all stories after development is complete.
- Conduct data conditioning tasks.
- Conduct multiple types of testing to include integration, regression, performance and end user testing.
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to understand what stories are being built in each sprint. Provide a high level summary of your understanding of the sprint goals after each Sprint Planning session.
- Understand multiple integrations including the triggers, timing, directionality, and data exchanged.
- Use tools such as Postman to assist with integration testing.
- Work with developers directly to remediate defects and clarify testing objectives.
- Work with automated testing team to ensure full coverage between automated and manual functional testing.
- Build regression testing framework for areas not covered by automated testing and continue to update as system is built out.
- Work side-by-side with end users to validate requirements and resolve conflicts.
We seek enterprising professionals looking to work at a startup focused on solving problems and achieving outcomes.
- 2-3 years of related experience in Business Analysis and Quality Assurance Testing
- Mortgage industry experience
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity
- Team oriented; collaborate well with team members as well as customers
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook\
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology
- Proficiency with the Rational toolkit
- Experience working with MS Project and Visio
- Experience working with XML & JSON web services and flat file integrations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
Minimum Experience: 2+ years of related experience
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Arlington, VA
Salary: $60,000 to $80,000/year
Let's Start Something New
We'd love to hear from you. Send us a note and connect with PhoenixTeam.