Analytics Business Analyst
The Analytics Business Analyst designs, implements and documents data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional and NoSQL databases. These solutions support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science and other business interests for the LGY Programs. The analyst will be required to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques. The analyst will implement data analysis that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Implementation of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms. (SQL/NoSQL)
The analyst will oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices.
Key Job Functions
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics and machine learning)
- Work with business application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools best practices and related development for enterprise data models
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models and data visualization
- Hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, and sandbox POC
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues, and challenges to reduce project delivery risks
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining data bases
- 5+ years of related experience in gathering business requirements, understanding related data sources, and developing plans to deliver insights to clients.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
- US Citizen
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
5+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology.