The Manual Tester provides expertise in the planning, construction, and execution of release tests and is responsible for applying business and functional knowledge to meet the team’s overall test objectives.
Key Job Functions
- Creating, reviewing and executing test cases based on business requirements
- Highly engaged and involved, asking the right questions and elicit critical information to capture applicable test scenarios and cases
- Collaborates with the agile team to ensure that all User Stories have a well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, and that those tests are executed within the iteration cycle
- Prepare test scenarios, test cases for module, integration and system testing
- Working with data team to help populate and/or create test data in the test environment
- Work side-by-side with end users to validate requirements and resolve defects
- Execute the test scripts, reporting daily on progress and defects
- Completes all testing activities within applicable timeframes and with quality
- Test API using Postman
- 2-3 years’ related experience in testing projects in an Agile framework
- 2-3 years’ experience with manual testing and related processes
- Experience with collaboration software (JIRA)
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
- US Citizen
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
2-3 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with Salesforce platform
- Experience with Postman