The Analytics Tester is responsible for developing a comprehensive knowledge of data warehousing / analytics concepts and mortgage operations, and the VA LGY program specifically, to help lead software quality assurance of our development projects.
Key Job Functions
- Conduct multiple types of testing to include integration, regression, functional, end-to-end, and user acceptance testing.
- Write and execute test cases based on business & user requirements.
- Stage necessary test data to fulfill testing requirements.
- Test analytical visualizations (PowerBI/Tableau) end to end, from data sourcing through the user interface.
- Use tools such as Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL, or Redshift to assist with data validation testing.
- Document all results of test cases, including any identified defects, based on system requirements, functional and technical specifications.
- Work with developers directly to remediate defects and clarify testing objectives.
- Build regression testing framework for areas not covered by automated testing and continue to update as system is enhanced.
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to understand the business requirements to be built in each sprint and share accomplishments.
- Identify process deficiencies and doggedly drive improvements.
- 3+ years of related experience with data warehousing, backend testing, cloud testing, or analytic testing.
- Experience in data profiling, data analysis, normalization of relational data, and data migration to AWS from legacy systems.
- Experience with ETL tools (informatica, Qlik, etc)
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift and data lake concepts.
- Proficient in querying data to manage and manipulate large amounts of customer transactional data using tools such as Oracle SQL Developer (PL/SQL), MySQL, or Redshift.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity.
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers.
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
5+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology.
- Familiarity with Qlik Compose, Qlik Replicate, and Qlik Data Catalog is a nice to have.
- Proficiency with test planning, construction, and artifact management software, such as Jira.
- Experience with AWS technologies and services (ex. S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with dimensional data modeling, creation of data marts, and data visualization tools a plus.