Are you interested in working for an innovative company focused on software product management and technology solution delivery within the mortgage industry? PhoenixTeam is searching for a Data Analyst at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Loan Guaranty (LGY) Service. LGY provides home loan benefits to eligible Veterans obtaining mortgage loans through private lenders by guarantying a portion of the loan against default.
We are currently searching for dynamic candidates who have demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and product owner experience to help us on various client initiatives. Creativity and can-do attitude are musts. We have provided a description of the role below.
The Jr Data Steward has strong problem-solving skills in the data arena. In this role you will collect, interpret, and provide insights on key data points that will help the product development process.
Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Develop average to complex SQL queries to analyze the source data and develop data integration logic
- Document critical data elements (CDE), business definitions, business rules, DQ rules, data catalog & dictionaries, data lineage, data quality metric.
- Support the functional requirements gathering activity with the product manager
- Work with the Scrum master to provide support in JIRA documentation
- Experience using Collibra data governance tool is a plus.
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks
- 2+ years of related experience
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL querying
- Mortgage analytics experience
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and process
- Experience with loan industry terminology data sets
- Ability to translate a basic research question into a series of data exploration steps
- Ability to learn new data sets and data models and ask questions about data lineage to learn how to analyze the data
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers.
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required.
- Self-driven and ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
2+ years of related experience.
- Data cataloging experience
- Previous experience supporting dashboarding development
- Experience presenting analytic results in clear concise presentations, such as slides, memos or reports
PhoenixTeam is a women-owned small business initially formed in 2015, by three friends with a long work history together. The creation of Phoenix was a return to our roots, and the realization of a 15-year goal to manage a business and build a team with an exclusive focus on delighting our clients and delivering better business solutions through technology implementation excellence, while never losing sight of our vision to bring joy and purpose to software development. We provide mortgage technology solutions to improve the home loan experience for borrowers and helps financial institutions, technology providers, and government agencies achieve their desired outcomes.
We keep promises. We meet schedules. At Phoenix, we embed ourselves as trusted members and advisors within our clients’ ecosystem. We are an intellectually curious group of folks who are constantly learning from industry thought leaders as well as our unique experiences with our clients. We leverage that knowledge to develop value-driven, creative alternatives and techniques to solve our clients; hardest problems and apply those techniques to meet our clients’ goals. This is our “Special Sauce.”
PhoenixTeam is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.