The QA Analyst is responsible for developing a comprehensive knowledge of mortgage operations to help lead software quality assurance of our development projects. This role will create test cases, stage test data, execute test cases, and document test results. Responsibilities will range across various types of testing to include functional, integration, regression, and automated testing.
Key Job Functions
- Write and execute test cases. Stage necessary test data. Document all testing results to include any identified defects.
- Conduct multiple types of testing to include integration, regression, performance and end user testing.
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to understand what stories are being built in each sprint and share accomplishments.
- Understand multiple integrations including the triggers, timing, directionality, and data exchanged.
- Use tools such as Postman to assist with integration testing.
- Work with developers directly to remediate defects and clarify testing objectives.
- Work with automated testing team to ensure full coverage between automated and manual functional testing.
- Build regression testing framework for areas not covered by automated testing and continue to update as system is enhanced.
- Work side-by-side with end users to validate requirements and resolve conflicts.
- Focus on desired outcomes. Identify process deficiencies and doggedly drive improvements.
- 4+ years of related experience in business analysis and QA testing.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity.
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers.
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
4+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology.
- Proficiency with test planning, construction, and artifact management software, such as Rational Quality Manager.
- Experience working with XML & JSON web services and flat file integrations.
Initially formed in 2015, PhoenixTeam was created by three friends with a long work history together. The creation of Phoenix was a return to our roots, and the realization of a 15-year goal to manage a business and build a team fiercely focused on achieving our clients’ desired outcomes. Our customers range from financial institutions, technology providers, to government agencies.
We expect the role and responsibilities to evolve and grow with our company and look forward to speaking with you. PhoenixTeam is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Learn more about us at https://www.phoenixoutcomes.com