The Business Analyst is responsible for developing a comprehensive knowledge of mortgage operations generally, and the VA LGY program specifically, to help develop high quality software that achieves the desired outcomes of our client. This role will create vision documents, requirements documents, user stories, and other documents in the software development lifecycle.
Key Job Functions
- Create high quality, comprehensive work products, such as: vision and scope documents, business requirements, technical specifications, and source to target mappings.
- Understand relationship of data with respect to business process
- Translate business needs for reporting and analytics into technical specifications.
- Create dashboard mockups and facilitate backlog refinement
- Analyze data sources using SQL to find and understand the data elements necessary to support the business requirements.
- Create and maintain STTM for all data flow (Source to Landing Zone, LZ to Trusted Data Lake, TDL to Data Warehouse, DW to Data Mart, DM to Dashboard)
- Engage with design and architecture team to provide functional oversight that drives the data model design
- Understand multiple integrations including the triggers, timing, directionality, and data exchanged
- Develop end user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure all stories have clear DORs (Definition of Ready)
- Prepare and update end user documentation as necessary.
- Create and maintain Source Table Inventory against the Dashboards
- Work side-by-side with end users to validate requirements and resolve conflicts
- Focus on desired outcomes. Identify process deficiencies and doggedly drive improvements.
- Contribute to maintaining an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible
- 5-7+ years of related experience in gathering business requirements, understanding related data sources, and developing plans to deliver insights to clients.
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL querying
- Familiarity with dimensional data modeling, creation of data marts, and data visualization tools.
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift and data lake concepts.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with loan industry terminology data sets
- Ability to learn new data sets and data models and ask questions about data lineage to learn how to analyze the data
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
5+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Proficiency with JIRA
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Veteran Affairs (Current PIV/GFE enablement).
- Experience with client facing role.
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology.