The Product UI/UX Designer is responsible for conducting user research, gathering user requirements, leading interaction design, and designing graphic elements. Our designers collaborate with product managers and solution architects to form and test hypothesis for solving complex mortgage technology problems. To be successful in this role, designers must be able to effectively work in teams, develop a deep understanding of complex processes, understand how to define and measure value, and have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
Key Job Functions
- Plan and execute user research activities
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and architects
- Collaborate with product managers and solution architects to form and test hypothesis
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Design user interaction and graphic user interface elements
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Conduct layout adjustments based on research and user feedback
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity.
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers.
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
5+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Experience with Veteran Affairs (Current PIV/GFE enablement).
- Experience with client facing role.
- SAFe Certification