The Solution Architect will lead the overall solution design to meet business needs. They’ll partner with Product Management to gain an understanding of the problem, identify business needs, and discover potential solutions to meet business needs. They’ll also need to be able to assess current systems, identify areas of improvement, and support development and product teams. The Solution Architect works closely with and regularly updates the client on projects and initiatives.
Key Job Functions
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Propose and establish appropriate frameworks, whether custom or off-the-shelf
- Plan for project challenges and risks including time, resources, and scope
- Work closely with product management teams to create solutions and successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Coordinate with multiple teams to remove impediments and ensure delivery of continuous value
Knowledge and Abilities
- Identify, evaluate, eliminate, and mitigate risks in systems or solutions.
- Understand the technical fundamentals of computer systems solutions, including technology stack and communication.
- Communicate with all stakeholders such as software engineers, management, clients, and vendors; convey technical language to other stakeholders in non-technical terms.
- Manage and train staff for software projects and computer architecture projects in a team environment.
- Broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, networking, and programming languages.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out opportunities to expand professional knowledge and network; funnels found knowledge into continuous process improvement activity.
- Team oriented; collaborates well with team members as well as customers.
- Can easily shift focus between high priority tasks as required.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Deep experience designing and implementing enterprise systems with frameworks such as .NET or Java.
- Hands on experience building or consuming RESTful APIs. Ability to utilize tools such as Postman to troubleshoot and interact with APIs. Knowledge of OAS 3 is a plus.
- Understanding of Cloud PaaS offerings and experience with containers and microservice architectures.
- Experience with a service and/or mesh framework such as Spring Boot (highly preferred), ASP.NET Core, DAPR, Istio or Consul.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries. Experience with Oracle is a plus, but not required.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
7+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry to include working knowledge of mortgage data.
- Experience with Veteran Affairs (Current PIV/GFE enablement).
- Experience with client facing role.